Spot Your People-Pleasing Habits
Here’s when I know I’m submitting to my people-pleasing tendencies:
- Stalking stats obsessively.
- Walking on digital eggshells by spending excessive amounts of time writing a forum response.
- Forcing humor in a conversation.
- Using maybe’s or perhaps’s instead of being shamelessly firm on a specific idea or position (some confuse this with being indecisive or scatterbrained, but it’s really me not wanting to be blamed for making a terrible decision)
- Constantly rehashing an old conversation with what I should’ve/would’ve said.
I believe people pleasers are the wittiest and make the best comedians. I suppose I’ll have to explain why.