Social Media is Like Fashion
Like clothes, social platforms can be vintage, classic, chic or avant-garde. And you don’t have to be a fashionista to know which to “wear”. Just be specific with your intention. Be more like Warren Buffet. He doesn’t know the nuances of every single company he invests in, but deeply understands business and people. Here’s my fashion closet* for 2015, in order of production to consumption:
- Email – connect with family and clients. (Classic)
- Github – share code. (Hipster)
- Dibbble – display original designs. (Haute Couture)
- Tumblr – curate creativity. (Skater)
- Twitter – skim headlines. (Chic)
*Subject to change, of course.